Encountering an error 404 file or directory not found with IIS but the file actually exist?
This is because IIS won’t serve unknown MIME type/file extension, when encountered, it return that the file does not exist even though it is actually present on the Web server’s file system.
To resolve this matter, do the following procedure :
1. Open the IIS management console
2. Click on the server name on the left pane tree
3. Double click on the right pane, under IIS the “MIME Types” icon
4. On the right “Actions” pane, click on Add…
5. Enter the “File name extension” and also the “MIME Type” (it could potentially be “application/octet-stream”)