If you are using the magicJack app on Windows 10, you probably had the following issue after installing the latest Windows Updates :
No Audio Found!
This is caused by a new Windows security feature that deny microphone access by default to any applications.
To resolve this, search with Cortana the following :
Microphone Privacy Settings
Then turn on “Allow Access” and if required, “Allow App” for specific application you may require.
In some circumstances where you cannot use (or open) the task manager panel to see the logged in users on a system and need to terminate a opened session, you might need to know your way around the CLI to achieve this task.
Those simple steps will show you how.
1. Open the Command Prompt or PowerShell console with elevated privileges
2. Enter the following command to list the logged-in users (this command will display users with opened active or disconnected sessions) :
The output will look like this :
USERNAME SESSIONNAME ID STATE IDLE TIME LOGON TIME
>jdoe rdp-tcp#140 2 Active . 2018-09-07 10:58 AM
3. Then use the “logoff” command with the session ID to terminate the desired user session (example with the output above) :
Now the user should be out of the system, you may use “quser” again to validate.
If one of your hosted user (or account) have accidentally reached the max deferred message that can be sent over an hour (and the issue have been identified and fixed), you can unsuspend the mail delivery by deleting the following file :
For example, if the domain name is “itechlounge.net“, the command to execute would be :
NOTE : The max deferred threshold feature is critical to fight against spam and avoid your IP address from being blacklisted. Finding the root cause prior unblocking is very important. It may be caused sometimes by an infected PC sending out emails without the customer awareness or a breach of policy on a specific target SMTP server. Browsing the mail logs and also looking at the mail queue would be useful in your analysis.
Having the following log error entry using the archival function to backup your configuration on your Juniper device?
logger: transfer-file failed to transfer /var/transfer/config/re0.HostName_juniper.conf.gz_20181129_034459
I have experienced the following, where no further details provided, under the following conditions :
– The backup server (ftp, sftp) is reachable and working properly
– The credentials to the backup server are working
– The public key is accepted/entered in known_hosts (in case of scp/sftp)
– The archival parameters are set properly
– The local folder /var/transfer/config exist and writeable by root
I have found that the syntax between some JunOS version slightly differ when comes to supply the password.
JunOS 11.4R5.7 and earlier :
set system archival configuration archive-sites "scp://User@IP_Address/path/to/device/config" password "PASSWORD"
JunOS 11.4R6.7 and later :
set system archival configuration archive-sites "scp://User:PASSWORD@IP_Address/path/to/device/config"
I have encountered the following error while attempting to install the latest Windows Updates (on Windows 10).
Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 – Error 0x8007007e
The update was blocking at “Status: Installing – 49%” and then failing.
It appeared that since this PC have not been updated for a while, the update version 1803 was conflicting with the newer update 1809.
To resolve this issue, simply follow these steps :
1. Download the “Show or hile updates (WUShowHide)” utility from Microsoft (http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f22d5fdb-59cd-4275-8c95-1be17bf70b21/wushowhide.diagcab)
2. Run “wushowhide.diagcab”, click on “Hide updates” and check everything except the updates that is blocking (in that case Windows 10, version 1803 need to be unhided)
3. Run the disk space cleaner from “This PC” on the C drive and click “Cleanup system files” at the lower left corner (check everything and click OK).
4. Reboot your computer and try running Windows Updates again.
The issue should be resolved at this point. Make sure to run “wushowhide.diagcab” again after to unhide the other updates – then run Windows Updates again to install the remaining ones.
This article will show you how to copy all outgoing email (transparently) of a specific user to another email account with Exim/cPanel.
There is no built-in feature to do so, but we will use the Exim highly flexible filter scripting capability that can be achieve from the command line.
1. Log into your cPanel server using SSH.
NOTE : In this example, we will assume that the source address is “email@example.com” and the recipient address where we want to silently send a copy of all outgoing emails will be “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
2. Create and edit the following file using your favourite text editor :
3. Copy and edit the following matching the sender and recipient addresses :
and ("$h_from:" contains "email@example.com")
and not ("$h_X-Spam-Checker-Version:" begins "SpamAssassin")
unseen deliver "firstname.lastname@example.org"
4. In WHM, look at Exim Configuration Manager > Basic Editor > Filters
Look at the bottom, you should see a “Custom filter” matching “copy.outgoing_user_domain.tld”.
5. Ensure it is set to “On” and click “Save”.
If you are operating Ubiquiti wireless gear compatible with the Unifi controller, and running it on a Windows machine, you may have noticed that you need to start the application manually every time you restart the computer.
Fortunately, there is a way of adding it “as a service”, just like any OS/system services. Follow the procedure below to achieve this.
Prerequisite : Ubiquiti Unifi SDN Controller for Windows need to be installed prior doing this procedure. The software can be found on the manufacturer Web site (https://www.ubnt.com/download/unifi).
1. Open the Command Prompt with elevated priviledges (run as administrator)
2. Browse to the following path :
3. Execute the following command :
java -jar lib/ace.jar installsvc
It should now be installed as a service and will start/stop automatically with the OS.
NOTE : If you previously had it installed or having issue and would like to re-install, simply use the following command to uninstall it “java -jar lib/ace.jar uninstallsvc” and repeat the procedure above again.
Encountered such issue in your log file of your Juniper network device?
LIBJNX_FILE_SYSTEM_FAIL: /var/transfer/config/: No such file or directory
This is most likely related to your configuration archival (backup), with such statement :
set system archival configuration [transfer-on-commit | transfer-interval]
set system archival configuration archive-sites "scp://user@IP_Address/path/to/folder" password "USER_Password"
This is most likely caused by filesystem corruption and/or inexisting transfer folder on the filesystem. To resolve this issue, enter into shell mode and create the folder(s) :
In CLI mode ( > ), enter the following command :
Then create the folder(s) :
mkdir -p /var/transfer/config/
The next time the config archival will be attempted, it should work as expected.
I ran on this issue where the Remote Desktop Client crashed the second it opened the session.
There was a related entry in the Event Viewer that stated the following :
Faulting application name: mstsc.exe, version: 10.0.17134.112, time stamp: 0x82251f4e
It turned out that the issue was caused by a mapped printer. To resolve this issue I had to disable the printer mapping.
To do so, do the following the RDP client :
– Click on “Local Resources” tab
– Locate the “Local devices and resources” section at the bottom
– Uncheck the box “Printers”
You may require sometimes to remove the license from a Windows installation, whatever this is to re-assign a license to another machine, or before publishing an appliance, etc.
Follow this procedure to put back your Windows installation to the original installation state, license wise.
The following commands need to be performed with the Command Prompt or PowerShell terminal with elevated privileges.
1. Uninstall the product key and unlicense Windows :
2. Remove the product key from the registry :
3. Reset the activation timer :
Following these steps, all license trace and activation will be gone.